Leadership skills consistent with collaborative approaches are essential and need to be part of organizations that interest with the larger public health system. This badge will introduce six key practices of collaborative leadership:
- Assessing the Environment
- Creating Clarity
- Sharing Power and Influence
- Building Trust
- Self Reflection
- Developing People.
Course activities will build collaborative and team-oriented leadership capacity among public health professionals as well as diverse state and local community partners.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify needs for collaborative leadership and professional development
- Describes the ways public health, health care, and other organizations can work together or individually to impact the health of a community
- Understand public health as part of a larger inter-related system of organizations that influence the health of populations at local, national, and global levels
- Consider standards of practice into all interactions with individuals, organizations, and communities.