This self-paced, online course will discuss economic analysis in public health. Data needed to complete a cost-benefit analysis will be outlined and participants will be taken through the process of completing a cost-benefit analysis.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an economic analysis.
- Define the purpose of a cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
- Outline the data needed to create a cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals
- 7A13. Describes how cost effectiveness, cost benefit, cost-utility analyses affect programmatic prioritization and decision making.
- 7B14. Uses cost effectiveness, cost benefit, cost-utility analyses in programmatic prioritization and decision making.