- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Response: Promising Practices in Health Equity
June 2, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join this webinar focused on sharing promising public health practices to reduce COVID-19 related disparities. During this webinar, presenters will discuss the actions their cities have taken to mitigate the disproportionate impact on racial and ethnic minorities. Additionally, speakers will take these ideas a step further and examine how they can be integrated into longer-term strategies for lasting impact that strengthens future responses and advances health equity. Please feel free to share this announcement with others who might be interested.
Register in advance here.
- Dr. Leandris Liburd
- Director of the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity/ Chief Health Equity Officer of the CDC COVID-19 Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mr. T. Benicio Gonzales
- Director of the Center for Health Equity, Louisville Department of Public Health & Wellness
- Dr. Nafissa Cisse Egbuonye
- Director of the Black Hawk County Health Department, Iowa
- Dr. Jarvis Chen
- Research Scientist, Social and Behavioral Sciences at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Thomas LaViest
- Dean of the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine at Tulane University
Attendees are welcome to submit questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Webinar: COVID-19 Response: Promising Practices in Health Equity).