- This event has passed.
Telehealth and COVID-19 Webinar
April 20, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Review current telehealth policies under COVID-19
- Discuss successful telehealth approaches/models to address the unique challenges in health care delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g. Virtual Screenings and Consultations, Remote Patient Monitoring, Tele-Emergency, Tele-ICU)
- Highlight technical resources to assist in the development and expansion of telehealth programs
Mei Kwong, JD, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
Dee W. Ford, MD, MSCR, Professor, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina
Project Director, Telehealth Center of Excellence
Medical Director, Tele-ICU & ICU Innovations
Kathryn King, MD, MHS, Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina
Associate Project Director, Telehealth Center of Excellence
Associate Executive Medical Director, Center for Telehealth
Medical Director, School-based Telehealth
Richard L. Summers, MD, FACEP Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center
Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor
Professor and Chair Emeritus Department of Emergency Medicine
Previous Lead Scientist for NASA Digital Astronaut Project
Julio Cespedes, MBA, Director of Strategic Development, University of Mississippi Medical Center
Brian S. Skow, MD MBA CPE FACEP, Chief Medical Officer, Avera eCARE
Registration is available here.
This webinar is part of HRSA’s Telehealth Learning Webinar Series. The series’ goal is to highlight successful projects/best practices as well as resources to promote and further the use of telehealth technologies for health care delivery, education, and health information services.
To access archived sessions of the telehealth learning series, click on the links below.
- Expanding HIV Prevention Efforts and Treatment through Telehealth
- Centers of Excellence: Leveraging Academic Excellence to Advance Telehealth Knowledge
- The Use of Telehealth to Improve Children’s Access to Health Care
- The Use of Telehealth to Increase Access to Dental Care
For more information about the series, contact Nancy Rios at NRios@hrsa.gov.
For more resources and tools about telehealth, visit https://www.hrsa.gov/rural-health/telehealth/index.html.