This course reviews how to improve your leadership and influence skills. To that end, this course addresses:
- Leadership from within.
- How to facilitate change.
- How to build and rebuild trust.
- Using personal influence and political savvy.
- Fostering an environment for leadership development.
- This course is provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and will require a secondary login and/or registration. Click the LAUNCH button below to start or be taken to the course.
All individuals involved in crisis and emergency management decision-making.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain what leadership means for emergency personnel.
- Explain why effective leadership begins with personal insight and development.
- Identify your leadership capabilities and areas for personal development.
- Describe a change management model and the process for planning, communicating, and implementing change.
- Describe how to build and rebuild trust in an organization.
- Use personal influence and develop political savvy to network and influence people effectively.
- Develop strategies for creating a positive work environment that fosters leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in others.