The goal of this scenario is to assess and train mid-level public health professionals in the application of critical thinking as a means of solving problems related to community preparedness for public health emergencies, such as an Influenza Pandemic.
The scenario is based on the Critical Thinking course as well as using the established model of Critical Thinking that has six steps:
- Identify and Define the Problem
- Gather Information
- Develop Alternatives
- Select an Alternative
- Implement the Solution
- Evaluate the Solution
Mid-level public health professionals and/or those responsible for community preparedness planning
After completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Identify the problem and resulting issues
- Assess the information and resources to effectively address the problem.
- Identify any constraints on possible solutions to a problem situation.
- Employ an appropriate method to effectively generate alternative solutions to a problem situation
- Develop an action plan for implementing a solution to the problem.