There are four video clips in this course:
- Essential Services & Guiding Principles
- What Have We Been Doing?
- Components of a Strategic Plan
- Question & Answer Session
There are practice exercises at the end of each video clip. These practice exercises will provide you with an opportunity to apply the material presented in the video clips. All video clips are part of a presentation by Janan Wunsch-Smith, a Public Health Consultant.
This course is part of a series of programs intended for public health administrators, and nurse administrators, who are relatively new in their positions (3 years or less), and who seek to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to succeed. The course discusses the Public Health’s scope of practice, the rationale for strategic planning in Public Health, the guiding principles of strategic planning, & the major questions that should be addressed during the strategic planning process.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss public health’s scope of practice (i.e., the Ten Essential Public Health Services)
- Describe the rationale for strategic planning in public health
- Discuss the guiding principles of strategic planning
- Discuss the major questions that should be addresses during the strategic planning process.